Monday, April 18, 2011

I can get richer faster on borrowed money - Robert Kiyosaki

Should people cut up their credit cards and live below their means? Robert Kiyosaki : “Me personally; no, but some people should. If you can’t control your credit card spending and you are deeply in debt, you definitely need to cut it up. For me, I don’t process or think that way. For instance, I don’t save money. Save is a four letter word! I like to borrow money because I can get richer faster on borrowed money. I have what is called retained earnings, so I don’t have to save money. If I need money, I will go out and borrow it. I just bought an eight and a half million-dollar investment property; how long would it take for you to save eight and a half million dollars? How long would it take for you to borrow it? Two weeks maybe? So, who gets richer faster? That’s why I have a hard time when they say, Save your money and max your 401k.’ For ninety percent of the people, that is good advice; but you are not going to get rich doing that.”

Rich Dad Poor Dad is the story of Robert Kiyosaki's financial education. He had two 'dads' - one his real dad, who was poor, and the other, his best friend's dad, who was on his way to becoming a very rich man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY NEWS ON BOOZE