Thursday, November 7, 2013

Toronto Mayor Apologizes for Smoking Crack Cocaine, Will Not Resign

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford apologizes profusely for smoking crack cocaine but insists he'll keep his job and run for office again next year.

Full story:

A repentant mayor faces his public.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford apologized profusely on Tuesday for smoking crack cocaine.

[Toronto Mayor Rob Ford]:
"There is only one person to blame for this and that is myself. I know that admitting my mistake was right thing to do and I feel like a thousand pounds lifted off my shoulders."

A visibly emotional Ford promised he'll never smoke crack again but insisted he's keeping his job and will run for re-election next year.

[Toronto Mayor Rob Ford]:
"I love my job, I love this city, I love saving taxpayers money and I love being your mayor."

Ford said on Tuesday he probably smoked crack cocaine in what he described as one of his "drunken stupors", but insists he's not an addict.

He spoke just days after Toronto's police chief confirmed police have a video that shows the mayor smoking the drug.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY NEWS ON BOOZE